Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cake Topper Epiphany


So for some reason laying in bed this morning this idea popped in my head for a cake topper. Originally, I was going to go with the whole initial thing, but I'm over it and want something different. I always played with dolls as a child. I know most little girls did, but I did with an obsession. I don't know how or when I acquired these two paper doll books from the Smithsonian, but I have them and I love the dresses in them. One of the books has different wedding gowns throughout the different decades.  A favorite dress of mine has always been the wedding dress from 1970's. So here's my thought...Mount the paper dolls on foam core with the dress and tux attached add a little tab on the bottom to be pushed into the cake and voula cake topper. I need you thoughts on this... 

I'm even thinking of trying to darken the groom's hair with a marker or paint. I have a back up doll I can try on before I try it on the real thing.  Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

ashley noelle said...

love love love it! do it!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, still love it :)

paige renee said...

Great idea! Too cute!