Sunday, January 18, 2009

Finally a Venue



So I know it has been a while since I last blogged, but the good news is A LOT has happened. First off we finally have a venue. Unfortunately, it has been quite the debacle...

It was important to Gregg and I that we have our ceremony and reception at the same place. With it being KS and the middle of winter who knows what the weather might be like. We wanted our guest to go to one place and be able to stay there through the duration of our party. We had finally decided on a place to have our wedding and reception, but were told we had to wait until the first of the year to book. So of course I call January 2nd only to be told that the venue has been bought out by a catering company. Now realize a big part of the appeal of this venue was we could bring in our own cater. And now to make a long story short the woman who was suppose to call me to discuss the details NEVER called me back. And when I tried to approach her at the bridal fair I waited for 20 minutes while she spoke with another couple that couldn't get her to call them back either when I finally decided I was done. It was not worth it.

So the search for a venue continued. We had basically already decided on a cater, so I went to their website and looked at what other venues they cater to and found the perfect venue.

It is downtown KC, MO with all the appeal of a downtown location without the price tag. I am a true believer that things happen for a reason and I am so glad we were forced to keep looking for a venue, because Scarritt Ballroom has everything we liked in the other venue and then some.

1 comment:

ashley noelle said...

yay! it looks like a really cool place! congrats!