Monday, December 22, 2008

My Story, My Style

I feel as though I should explain a little more about myself before launching into all the random ideas I find on the internet that I have to spit out somewhere or my brain might explode. I am a graphic designer turned elementary art teacher. I have a great love of the arts and love anything edgy and unique, but also feel strongly my wedding should also be timeless and classic. So begins my search for ideas to plan the wedding of my dreams while bridging edgy with classic. I see so many cool ideas and I want to do and try them all. There in lies my biggest challenge in planning this wedding. I have to find ideas that I like, that I can actually execute, and that are within our budget. As any artist knows it isn't always easy to create the images you see in your mind in your art. In this case my art is my wedding and I don't know how to make the images in my mind into reality or even where to begin. That is where this blog comes in. I am hoping by using this as a forum to express my ideas that I will be able to develop a true sense of the style I want for my wedding and be better able to turn these ideas and that style into my real life dream wedding.  

As for the back story of Gregg and I...We started dating my junior, his senior year of high school. We had been friends for over a year and after multiple attempts to woe me he finally succeeded. He said to me the night he first kissed me to keep on smiling and I honestly don't think in the 9 years we have been dating I have ever truly stopped. As cliche and corny as that may have sounded it is true. And not to say that we haven't had our bumps in the road, because we most definitely have, but at the end of the day he truly is the person I want to spend the rest of my life with.

And now bring on the ideas...

No comments: